Tributes and notices over the death of comic book artist and editor Steve Dillon this weekend have continued to pour in. We ran some earlier, we are running more now.
The New York Times reported, via longtime collaborator and friend Garth Ennis who Dillon was visiting in New York at the time, that the cause of death was a ruptured appendix, believed at the time to be food poisoning.
Garth Ennis wrote,
He changed my life in a couple of ways. The first was with a phone call, somewhere towards the end of ’91: “All right, mate, I’m thinking of heading over to New York in the new year, maybe for a long weekend. Fancy it?” The second was with two decades plus of brilliant artistic collaboration, where he took whatever lunacy I threw at him and made it work flawlessly, every single time.
Legendary #Preacher co-creator & amazing artist STEVE DILLON has passed away. I had a meal with him in TriBeCa years back. Such a great guy.
— KevinSmith (@ThatKevinSmith) October 23, 2016
We will be telling stories about Steve Dillon forever. Yes, including the one about Dave Stone. And I did appreciate this reaction.
I would like to read more about Deadline. Possibly his most influential creation in his entire career – and yes, that is saying something.
- DC Comics To Publish Batman Lost And Hawkman Found One-Shots For Dark Nights: Metal - June 23, 2017
- Greg Pak Is Joined By Hit Artists TBD And TBD For Weapon X Not-A-Relaunch For Marvel Legacy - June 23, 2017
- Antarctic Press Publishes ‘President Pence’, And Other Solicits For September 2017 - June 23, 2017
- Feel The Force of A New Jedi’s Effect On Advance Reorders - June 23, 2017
- Donny Cates’ Next Debut Comic To Follow God Country, Redneck And Babyteeth, Reactor And Other September 2017 Solicits From Vault - June 23, 2017