I love comic book references when they take place in strange topics. This weekend as the newest stealth destroyer, the USS Zumwalt, was officially commissioned in Baltimore, MD, there was another comic book name drop by someone with real power.
If Batman had a ship, it would be the USS Zumwalt,
What makes it a stealth destroyer is the sharp edges in the design and how the weapons are all concealed behind flat surfaces. This makes the ship harder to pick up on radar.
According to the Secretary of the Navy Ray Mabus:
It doesn’t look like other ships and it does things other ships cannot do. The ship also has an advanced power plant and weapon systems that can move the Navy into the future.
The ship is named after Admiral Elmo R. “Bud” Zumwalt Jr., a Bronze Star winner from World War II who also served in Korean and Vietnam and was chief of naval operations from 1970 to 1974.
The Zumwalt has two sister ships currently under construction, the Michael Mansoor and the Lyndon B. Johnson.
But the real important question here is… does it come in black?
- Dan Taylor Unveils Sci-Fi Noir Novella ‘Pi Private Eye’ - March 18, 2018
- NFL Draft 2018: Trade Near the Top as Jets and Colts Swap Picks - March 18, 2018
- Cirque du Soleil Aerialist Dies After Fall During Live Performance - March 18, 2018
- Krypton Season 1: Titles and Synopses for First 3 Episodes - March 18, 2018
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 3: 7 New Images Fuel the Ava Speculation - March 18, 2018