Mercy’s “Hero’s never die” line is probably one of the most famous soundbite’s from Overwatch. When you hear that, you know a bunch of other people on the other team just got rezzed. There is a variant to it as well, with the character’s Devil and Imp costumes bringing the line “Heroes never die… for a price.”
In the current Halloween event going on in the game, there is a PvE mode by way of the Junkenstein Brawl, where Mercy turns up in her seasonal costume, a witche’s outfit’. When she revives allies in that mode, she says “My servants never die”. Sadly if you wear that costume yourself, you get the vanilla version of the dialogue. Some fans wanted that changed.
In a long thread asking for the change, director Jeff Kaplin came in and said quite simply:
Well, I suppose that is proof that if you ask for something, you just might well get it.
- Edge Transit’s Drop Rate is Getting a Nerf in Destiny 2 - September 21, 2018
- Destiny 2’s Ace of Spades Quest Now Much Easier Thanks To Hotfix - September 21, 2018
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Can Be Played in First-Person - September 20, 2018
- Call of Cthulhu Gets a Spooky New Gameplay Trailer - September 20, 2018
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout Could Have 100 Players as Capacity Increased to End Beta - September 18, 2018