Mercy’s “Hero’s never die” line is probably one of the most famous soundbite’s from Overwatch. When you hear that, you know a bunch of other people on the other team just got rezzed. There is a variant to it as well, with the character’s Devil and Imp costumes bringing the line “Heroes never die… for a price.”
In the current Halloween event going on in the game, there is a PvE mode by way of the Junkenstein Brawl, where Mercy turns up in her seasonal costume, a witche’s outfit’. When she revives allies in that mode, she says “My servants never die”. Sadly if you wear that costume yourself, you get the vanilla version of the dialogue. Some fans wanted that changed.
In a long thread asking for the change, director Jeff Kaplin came in and said quite simply:
Well, I suppose that is proof that if you ask for something, you just might well get it.
- Star Wars Battlefront 2’s Microtransactions to Return, but They Won’t Affect Gameplay - March 16, 2018
- Heroes of the Storm’s Next Character is StarCraft’s Fenix - March 16, 2018
- PUBG’s Mobile Port Spreads to the West as Beta Rolls Out to Canada - March 16, 2018
- The Crew 2 Finally Gets a Release Date, and It’s Coming This Summer - March 16, 2018
- Sea of Thieves Gets a Launch Trailer Showing Off Pirate-y Fun - March 16, 2018