One of the key criticisms of of the DCEU is that it takes itself too seriously. I quite like the diversity between it and Marvel’s powerhouse, but I ‘get’ the criticism, especially after the three offerings Warner Bros. have put out.
Wonder Woman is going to be something different. That’s according to producer Deborah Snyder who recently spoke to Variety, saying:
Wonder Woman is very different in tone and style than ‘Batman v Superman’ and ‘Suicide Squad. We pick directors who have their own points of view, so that each of our films will have their own personality.
She also added, about the whole DC venture:
There’s a misconception that DC or [parent studio] Warner Bros. has made a conscious decision for all our movies to be darker or edgier. That’s not the case. Fans of the DC universe know that there are characters, like Batman, who are darker, but there are others like Wonder Woman, who are hopeful, optimistic leaders, and the tone of this film represents that.
The DC characters really do have a a lot of tones we can see played with, especially across the members of Justice League. Hopefully we are beginning to see that diversity come out.
- Destiny 2’s Next DLC Set to Launch December 4th - November 16, 2018
- THQ Nordic has 35 Unannounced Projects After Acquiring Two New Studios - November 14, 2018
- Overwatch League Team Chengdu Hunters Revealed - November 13, 2018
- Ark: Survival Evolved Hit All Time Peak Players On Steam This Weekend - November 13, 2018
- Despite Activision’s Comments, Destiny 2 Director Says Bungie Aren’t Disappointed With Forsaken - November 12, 2018