One of the key criticisms of of the DCEU is that it takes itself too seriously. I quite like the diversity between it and Marvel’s powerhouse, but I ‘get’ the criticism, especially after the three offerings Warner Bros. have put out.
Wonder Woman is going to be something different. That’s according to producer Deborah Snyder who recently spoke to Variety, saying:
Wonder Woman is very different in tone and style than ‘Batman v Superman’ and ‘Suicide Squad. We pick directors who have their own points of view, so that each of our films will have their own personality.
She also added, about the whole DC venture:
There’s a misconception that DC or [parent studio] Warner Bros. has made a conscious decision for all our movies to be darker or edgier. That’s not the case. Fans of the DC universe know that there are characters, like Batman, who are darker, but there are others like Wonder Woman, who are hopeful, optimistic leaders, and the tone of this film represents that.
The DC characters really do have a a lot of tones we can see played with, especially across the members of Justice League. Hopefully we are beginning to see that diversity come out.
- Blizzard Creates Animation of Zenyatta Walking After Fan Request, and It’s the Best - February 23, 2018
- Ryan Coogler Has Been Playing A Lot Of Stardew Valley On Nintendo Switch - February 23, 2018
- Overwatch League Spotlight: Houston Outlaws vs London Spitfire - February 23, 2018
- Crytek’s Hunt: Showdown Gets New Trailer as it Hits Early Access - February 23, 2018
- Metal Gear Survive Charges Money For a New Save Slot - February 23, 2018