One of the key criticisms of of the DCEU is that it takes itself too seriously. I quite like the diversity between it and Marvel’s powerhouse, but I ‘get’ the criticism, especially after the three offerings Warner Bros. have put out.
Wonder Woman is going to be something different. That’s according to producer Deborah Snyder who recently spoke to Variety, saying:
Wonder Woman is very different in tone and style than ‘Batman v Superman’ and ‘Suicide Squad. We pick directors who have their own points of view, so that each of our films will have their own personality.
She also added, about the whole DC venture:
There’s a misconception that DC or [parent studio] Warner Bros. has made a conscious decision for all our movies to be darker or edgier. That’s not the case. Fans of the DC universe know that there are characters, like Batman, who are darker, but there are others like Wonder Woman, who are hopeful, optimistic leaders, and the tone of this film represents that.
The DC characters really do have a a lot of tones we can see played with, especially across the members of Justice League. Hopefully we are beginning to see that diversity come out.
- As a Fan, I Have No Desire to Play Destiny 2 Right Now – and That’s Fine - May 23, 2018
- Miramar is Finally Coming to PUBG on Xbox One Tomorrow - May 23, 2018
- PES 2019 Announces Seven New Liecensed Leagues - May 23, 2018
- Sunset Overdrive Could be Coming to PC - May 23, 2018
- PS4 is in the Final Stages of its Life Says Sony Interactive CEO - May 22, 2018