The London Super Comic Con has been running out of the London ExCel for a few years now, the same location that MCM London Expo holds its show – and will be again in a couple of weeks.
But rather than the February slot, in 2017, the London Super Comic Con, which eschews wrestling, movies, TV and gaming for, you know, actual comics – and a whole lot of cosplay – will be moving to August 25th, 26th and 27th, three days rather than the previous two.
And rather than being in the far isolated east end of London, will be in the much smaller but more central Business Design Centre in Islington, in North London, which some will recall hosted the Titan Comics-run Kapow! comic convention for its first year, which was a lot of fun, but lost a lot of money.
As a location, it will likely be more convenient to all sorts of people, and will be more in the centre of some London hustle and bustle, rather than stuck in a hotel at the other end of civilisation. And is a couple of minutes on the tube from King’s Cross.
And they promise an entire separate Artists Alley room, such as we just enjoyed at New York Comic Con, as well as the main exhibitors hall.
It should also help distinguish LSCC in the market a little – rather than the show that’s between both MCM is the same place.
However, as a result of the move to August, the Northampton International Comic Exhibition which usually runs around then, has already announced it will be skipping 2017…
- Two Meta-Looks at Comics From Marvel and DC This Week - October 19, 2018
- Archie Comics Cancels Their Marvel Digest Volumes - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Challenge Another Punisher Trademark Application by Militia Group - October 19, 2018
- So Why Are There No Comic Book Unions Then? - October 19, 2018
- Jim Steranko, Ron Frenz, George Perez, Barry Kitson and Alan Davis on The Liberty Brigade - October 19, 2018