Right next to the South Park Village outside convention was a creepy, yet familiar cabin. If one dared to venture inside, they would be greeted by classic imagery from the original Evil Dead movie. The entire room was a condensed replica of the original cabin living room, where Ash’s life was changed forever. As a huge fan of the original, as well as the 2013 remake, and Ash Vs. Evil Dead I was positively giddy to be in a blood soaked haunted cabin. It wasn’t exactly the best place for photo ops, but the nostalgia alone made the wait worth it. Whether it was done purposely or not, the entire display had this wonderful cheesy haunted house feeling, just like the original movie. Pots and pans and random objects scattered around would move back and forth, with grainy prerecorded screams echoing through the walls. After walking through the house, they provided one more iconic area, the tool shed before giving each guest an awesome foam chainsaw hand!
For more on Ash Vs. Evil Dead, check out our article written by Octavio Karbank .
- A Comic Con with Only Comic Talent in a Mall for Free? Why Not? - February 25, 2018
- Yes, Comics Can Break Your Heart… but They Can Mend It, Too - February 25, 2018
- Trekker: Thirty Years and Counting on the Trail with Mercy St. Clair - February 25, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 25th February 2018 – Superman Readers Disturbed About Bendis - February 25, 2018
- The Art of Making Money and the Dark Side of Graphic Design - February 25, 2018