The Hellboy films are great. The first two really are unqiue and bizarre superhero films, and the second one famously ends on a bit of a cliff hanger. That is why talk of a third in the franchise has circulated for years, and years, with differing degrees of likeliness.
Sadly, it seems we might be near an all time bottom of any optimism for the movie. Speaking to ScreenRant, Ron Perlman who plays the titular character, said that any talk of the movie is now dead. He said:
We don’t talk about that anymore.
He then added:
Because he’s [Guillermo Del Toro] busy, and I’m busy. Maybe one day he’s going to call and say, ‘Hey, let’s do it.’ But for right now? We’re happy discovering new worlds to conquer.
While this is hardly surprising at all, it’s still a bit sad. I’d love to see the film get made one day, but the door on that seems to be really closing. A shame.
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake is Still in Full Development Despite Not Being at E3 - June 15, 2018
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Announced and it Brings Every Fighter Ever from the Series to the Game - June 12, 2018
- Super Mario Party Makes its Debut on the Nintendo Switch This Year - June 12, 2018
- Death Stranding E3 Trailer Shows Off Our First Glimpse of Gameplay - June 11, 2018
- Trials Rising Brings the Motorcycle Title Back for More Stunts Than Ever - June 11, 2018