The Hellboy films are great. The first two really are unqiue and bizarre superhero films, and the second one famously ends on a bit of a cliff hanger. That is why talk of a third in the franchise has circulated for years, and years, with differing degrees of likeliness.
Sadly, it seems we might be near an all time bottom of any optimism for the movie. Speaking to ScreenRant, Ron Perlman who plays the titular character, said that any talk of the movie is now dead. He said:
We don’t talk about that anymore.
He then added:
Because he’s [Guillermo Del Toro] busy, and I’m busy. Maybe one day he’s going to call and say, ‘Hey, let’s do it.’ But for right now? We’re happy discovering new worlds to conquer.
While this is hardly surprising at all, it’s still a bit sad. I’d love to see the film get made one day, but the door on that seems to be really closing. A shame.
- F1 2015 is Free to Pick Up Right Now Thanks to Humble Bundle - March 23, 2018
- Detroit: Become Human Gets 3 Trailers to Show Off Its Protagonists - March 23, 2018
- Overwatch League: Dallas Fuel’s Tank Woes Continue as New Tank OGE is Suspended Before Even Arriving - March 23, 2018
- CD Projekt Red Working On AAA RPG Set to Release By 2021 (And it’s Not Cyberpunk 2077) - March 23, 2018
- PUBG is Getting Fortnite-Like Events That Will Consistently Change - March 22, 2018