The Hellboy films are great. The first two really are unqiue and bizarre superhero films, and the second one famously ends on a bit of a cliff hanger. That is why talk of a third in the franchise has circulated for years, and years, with differing degrees of likeliness.
Sadly, it seems we might be near an all time bottom of any optimism for the movie. Speaking to ScreenRant, Ron Perlman who plays the titular character, said that any talk of the movie is now dead. He said:
We don’t talk about that anymore.
He then added:
Because he’s [Guillermo Del Toro] busy, and I’m busy. Maybe one day he’s going to call and say, ‘Hey, let’s do it.’ But for right now? We’re happy discovering new worlds to conquer.
While this is hardly surprising at all, it’s still a bit sad. I’d love to see the film get made one day, but the door on that seems to be really closing. A shame.
- Kingdom Hearts Gets Opening Cinematic With New Skrillex Collaboration - December 10, 2018
- Anthem Gets Story Trailer Showing Off Impressive Cutscenes - December 6, 2018
- Far Cry: New Dawn Shows Off Beautiful Post-Apocalypse World - December 6, 2018
- Ubisoft is Teasing a Nuclear Far Cry to be Revealed at The Game Awards - December 6, 2018
- Destiny 2’s Black Armory is a Bizarre First Week Experience as You Can’t Really Play It [Update] - December 5, 2018