The Hellboy films are great. The first two really are unqiue and bizarre superhero films, and the second one famously ends on a bit of a cliff hanger. That is why talk of a third in the franchise has circulated for years, and years, with differing degrees of likeliness.
Sadly, it seems we might be near an all time bottom of any optimism for the movie. Speaking to ScreenRant, Ron Perlman who plays the titular character, said that any talk of the movie is now dead. He said:
We don’t talk about that anymore.
He then added:
Because he’s [Guillermo Del Toro] busy, and I’m busy. Maybe one day he’s going to call and say, ‘Hey, let’s do it.’ But for right now? We’re happy discovering new worlds to conquer.
While this is hardly surprising at all, it’s still a bit sad. I’d love to see the film get made one day, but the door on that seems to be really closing. A shame.
- Edge Transit’s Drop Rate is Getting a Nerf in Destiny 2 - September 21, 2018
- Destiny 2’s Ace of Spades Quest Now Much Easier Thanks To Hotfix - September 21, 2018
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Can Be Played in First-Person - September 20, 2018
- Call of Cthulhu Gets a Spooky New Gameplay Trailer - September 20, 2018
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout Could Have 100 Players as Capacity Increased to End Beta - September 18, 2018