By Amanda Gurall, from New York Comic Con’s Walking Dead panel…
1. We WILL find out who gets the bat in the season premiere
2. AMC will air a special look at the entire series to this point called The Walking Dead: The Journey so Far on October 16 at 9/8C
3. This season will focus on performances
4. There will be “creepy, strange and weird walkers”
5. Moderator Chris Hardwick noted that every time Norman Reedus speaks three people in the audience get pregnant.
6. This was not confirmed.
7. In regards to Neegan’s profanity, they will be capturing the F-Bombs that matter
8. Gabriel has turned his will over to Rick completely
9. The loudest applause was for Melissa McBride. Last season really effected fans.
10. Greg Nicotero directed the season premiere
11. NIcotero feels the most intense moments actually come through the fog of PTSD after the premiere
12. The premiere will be episode #100
13. Lauren Cohan cried discussing the show…could it be because she’s done with it or was she just overwhelmed?
14. If Steven Yeun could play any other character he would play badass Michonne.
15. SPOILER For the season premiere. Do NOT read if you want the episode to remain intact for you.
So….we saw a sneak peek in which Neegan was taunting Rick with a bloody Lucille, and he notes that someone has been killed. He talks about the importance of a right hand man and takes Rick’s axe from his crewman Simon. He drags Rick off to the RV and the camera pans down to the approximate spot Rick was standing (not definite they stayed in same position) and we see a pool of blood and brains.
I will leave you to draw your own conclusion or guess as to who got the bat and what Rick might end up missing?