Tee Franklin may be best known for organising the #BlackComicsMonth hashtag and coverage of comic books by black creators each February – as well as other coverage throughout the year.
But that has led her to help create a new comic book anthology tackling a very different subject. Franklin has put together an all-star team of creators to talk about mental illness/health. Whether they live with it or have experienced it within their family, they are sharing stories that we hope will kickstart people talking about mental illness.
They include Scott Snyder, Tess Fowler, Ma. Victoria Robado, Taneka Stotts, Gail Simone, D.J. Kirkland, Matthew Rosenberg, Erica Schultz, Marguerite Bennett, Paulina Ganucheau, Tini Howard, Chris DiBari, Carla “Speed” McNeil, Brittney Williams, Marcy J. Cook, Caitlin Rosenberg and Franklin herself.
But she is opening contributions from all those who have “a history of mental illness, whether in their family or with themselves. (PTSD, anxiety, paranoia, bipolar, schizophrenia, depression, etc.)”
The comic will launch in May during Mental Health Awareness month and all proceeds after printing and shipping costs will go to a YCS (Youth Consultation Service) in New Jersey, a mental treatment facility for youth and teens.
- The Vamplets Return in Time For Hallowe’een in Action Lab September 2018 Solicits - June 20, 2018
- Patience Conviction Revenge and Moth & Whisper Launch in AfterShock Comics September 2018 Solicits - June 20, 2018
- Kim Reaper’s Vampire Island, Rick & Morty’s Sleepy Gary and a Comic Guide to Sex, Launch in Oni Press September 2018 Solicits - June 20, 2018
- Elric, Newbury & Hobbes and Oscar Martin Launch in Titan Comics September 2018 Solicits - June 20, 2018
- Which of Today’s Spider-Man Comics Will Make Make You Cry More? - June 20, 2018