Deadline reports that Grant Morrison and Crank‘s Brian Taylor will adapt Aldus Huxley‘s Brave New World for Syfy. The pair will also serve as executive producers on the project, which the cable outlet announced last year.
Set some 500 years in the future, the story centers on an ordered society of strict social controls and the upheaval which occurs when a woman long lost from that world returns with her grow-up son. Eventually, the son campaigns for the right to be unhappy, but it comes with uneasy consequences.
According to the report, Morrison and Taylor are also attached to an adaptation of Morrison and Darick Robertson‘s comic book Happy! The limited series followed a hitman and an aggressively upbeat imaginary horse as the former evades his bosses after a hit goes bad. Taylor is lined-up to direct the pilot.
Both projects will be produced by Universal Cable Productions.
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016