While Anna Kendrick‘s brother thinks she should play Squirrel Girl, another actress has openly stated her desire for the part. Shannon Purser, who played Barb in Netflix Stranger Things took to Twitter recently to ask how she should go about becoming the the character.
So who do I talk to about being Squirrel Girl?
— Shannon Purser (@ShannonPurser7) July 24, 2016
In a recent conversation with Revelist (via CBR), Purser explained her desire to become Doreen Green. “I think Squirrel Girl is just adorable but at the same time is totally boss and completely awesome. I think people need a character like that,” she explained. She added that the character stands in contrasts to other female superheroes who appear to have well-developed senses of purpose. “[She’s] is a little bit younger and like a real person, trying to figure out her life and then also having to save the world,” Purser said. “I love that.”
Of course, it should be noted that Marvel Studios has made no formal moves toward a Squirrel Girl appearance in their film slate. But its clear certain segments of the Internet want this to happen and have their favorite choices for the non-existent role. Previously, I suggested Mae Whitman — yes, her — but Purser is a serious contender as well. Well, provided the studio ever calls the character into action.
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016