According to TMZ, former Babylon 5 co-star Jerry Doyle has passed away at age 60.
For five seasons and a handful of TV movies, Doyle played Michael Garabaldi on the science fiction series created by J. Michael Straczynski. The character quickly became memorable for his sarcastic retorts, unwavering loyalty to his commanding officer and recovery from alcoholism.
By its conclusion in 1998, Doyle’s character was the only original human from the pilot to stay with the series throughout its five-year run (actors Mira Furlan, Peter Jurasik and the late Andreas Katsulas played the lead alien characters from beginning to end).
Following the end of Babylon 5, Doyle appeared on many television series, ran for congress and eventually transitioned to hosting a conservative talk show.
The actor was found unresponsive at his home in Las Vegas, but it is still unclear how he died. According to various sites, an autopsy is pending.
UPDATE: Doyle’s Epic Times website has released a statement from Straczynski about the late actor. Calling it another loss he cannot understand, the series creator wrote, “[Jerry] was funny, and dangerous, and loyal, and a prankster, and a pain in the ass; he was gentle and cynical and hardened and insightful and sometimes as dense as a picket fence…and his passing is a profound loss to everyone who knew him, especially those of us who fought beside him in the trenches of Babylon 5.”
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016