Folks, so we were led to believe by DC Universe Rebirth that it was Watchmen’s Dr Manhattan who stole tenvyears from the characters of the DC Universe to create the New 52 Universe.
And we were given plenty of evidence towards this.
But could today’s Titans #1 by Dan Abnett and Brett Booth be the first attempt to walk that back?
I mean we still have Mr Oz watching Superman in today’s Action Comics in his nine panel grid of screens in a fashion deliberately intended to echo Ozymandias, even down to the tattoos his followers wear.
But as Lilith tries to find the truth about Wally West’s newly revealed past – and everyone else’s – in today’s Titans #1, she triggers the reappearance of someone else. Who seems to be able to teleport people to the moon in a very similar fashion that Dr Manhattan did to both the moon, and to Mars.
And has a certain claim to make…Abra Kadabra is a rumoured villain from the upcoming season of Flash. A time traveller from the 64th century wanting to be a stage performer and ending up as a master villain, combining technology and sorcery and one of the Flash’s Rogues. He was last seen in the original Flash: Rebirth before the New 52, surviving an attack from Professor Zoom.
He’s been away. Could this be his hand instead?
Thanks to TP for a typo tip.
- Image Comics Solicits For February 2018 Sees A New Governor For The Walking Dead - November 21, 2017
- The Morality Of Reading, Writing, And Publishing Doomsday Clock - November 21, 2017
- This Comic Store Is Giving Away Free Pizza With Every Issue Of Doomsday Clock #1 Tonight - November 21, 2017
- The Doomsday Clock #1 Retailer Exclusive Variant You’ll Never See - November 21, 2017
- Marvel Comics Solicits For February 2018: X-Men Is Red, Doctor Strange Has Damnation, And Star Wars Has Been Thrawn - November 21, 2017