If you are going to San Diego Comic Con you are going to want certain things to happen. You are going to want to get the rarest exclusive, get in to the best panel, and go to some party. Most people are just happy with any SDCC party to add to their resume. Well Friday night I added the best SDCC party to my resume, and I’ve been to a few.
I was lucky to receive an invitation to the STARZ Comic-Con Deadite & Deities party, with cast and crew from Ash vs. Evil Dead and the new STARZ show American Gods, based on the Neil Gaiman novel. So what made this party great you may be asking yourself. Well first off when you checked in at the front you were greeted by this giant ice sculpture.
When you got upstairs you would see that the open patio area had a balloon ceiling created for it to help shade everyone.
Next you would have noticed that the very friendly and helpful serving staff was bringing what seemed like an endless supply of drinks and food, including champagne jello shots. After getting your food and drink on you would head over to the silkscreen t-shirt printing area that was set-up. And then you would have to make a tough decision, which design to select.
Of course you can always go with one on the back and one on the front.
Then you would probably see the table filled with not one, but two swag bags for gifts.
But all this does not make this the best Comic-Con party. No, it’s these guys.
Me, your humble author and the man himself, Bruce Campbell. Groovy? I would say so.
Oh, and those swag bags. Let’s take a look together.
For further musings from Joshua Stone follow him on Twitter @1NerdyOne
- IDW Artist’s Edition: Jim Lee, Jack Kirby, and More at #WonderCon 2018 - March 25, 2018
- Forging Sergio Aragonés – The Sergio, Mark, and Tom Show at WonderCon 2018 - March 24, 2018
- 3 Days of Doctor Who: Gallifrey One Cosplay Photos - February 21, 2018
- Lucifer, Superman, and BBQ: A Night with Tom Ellis and Tom Welling - December 4, 2017
- Wynonna Earp Interviews: The Show And Cast Are Full Of Surprises - September 5, 2017