While on Late Night with Seth Meyers yesterday, Star Trek Beyond actor and co-writer Simon Pegg confronted an old joke he wrote on his sitcom Spaced many years ago.
His character, Tim, announces with certainty that the odd-numbers Star Trek films are “sh*t.” An assertion that pretty much rang true — with room for some debate — until the release of Star Trek Nemesis in 2002.
Facing the Spaced clip with Seth Meyers, Pegg said he wished he could appear via a wormwhole and warn himself that he’ll eventually co-write the thirteenth Star Trek.
Pegg also offers other insights into writing a Star Trek film, including the origin of the name “Jaylah.” The film opens on Friday.
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016