Variety reports Carter — most successful television Wonder Woman to date — will join Supergirl as the president of the United States. Other details are sketchy, but the role will be recurring. Let’s assume she’s going to take a personal interest in the DEO and its alien agents.
Carter played Wonder Woman from 1975-1979 on Wonder Woman. The show first aired on ABC, but moved to CBS for its second year. That network change also saw the show’s World War II setting modernized to cut costs for period costumes and vehicles.
But Carter was not the first to play the part on TV. Cathy Lee Crosby played Diana in a 1974 ABC Wonder Woman TV movie and Planet of the Apes‘s Linda Harrison played her in a never-aired 1967 pitch film made by Batman TV series producer William Dozier.
Supergirl returns in the fall.
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016