Back in 2004, Steve Niles and Breehn Burns teamed up for a new series called Aleister Arcane for IDW. It told the story of a weatherman who returned to his home town to host a midnight horror show. An incident with two children leads the host to be put on trial, breaking his spirit and sending him to an early grave. But Arcane put a curse on the town and only the kids have the power to thwart it.
The rights had been with Paramount, but have lapsed and now Eli Roth is teaming with Jim Carrey to bring the property to life. Roth has been making the movie from properties like Cabin Fever and Hostel to more star driven films like Knock Knock with Keanu Reeves and the upcoming Death Wish remake with Bruce Willis.
Carrey is coming off of Dumb and Dumber To. The actor will star and executive produce. Amblin Entertainment is behind the property that also has Jon Coker (The Women in Black 2: Angel of Death) attached as writer.
Today’s news comes as Niles celebrates his birthday. Not a bad present to get.
- How Much Is Your Favorite NFL Quarterback Making? Derek Carr Just Got A Raise - June 22, 2017
- Is Blade Coming To Netflix? What Does This Marvel Legends Toy Tell Us? - June 22, 2017
- Will The Real Black Adam Please Stand Up… Please Stand Up - June 22, 2017
- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Season 3 – Hopeful, Musical And Bright - June 22, 2017
- Exclusive Look Inside The Shadow #1 By Si Spurrier And Daniel HDR - June 22, 2017