Variety reports the 7th Heaven and Teen Wolf veteran has won the coveted role of Supergirl‘s Man of Steel. He will be the sixth actor to play the part — counting two Superboys — on television. “We are so thrilled and humbled to add another amazing actor to the legacy of this iconic character,” said executive producer Andrew Kreisberg in a statement.
The program announced it was looking for a Superman just ten days ago as part of a big season premiere on its new home, The CW. Previously, the show aired on CBS, where Superman was confined to the occasional Instant Message and other obscured appearances.
Hoechlin will debut as Clark Kent in the seasons first two episodes and presumably make other guest appearances as the year progresses.
Supergirl debuts on The CW in the fall.
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016