Netflix has picked up the animated series Skylanders Academy from Activision Blizzard Studios. The new series is set to debut in the fall. First word of the series came along with the announcement of the studios back in November of 2015.
Based on the company’s successful Skylanders line of toys-to-life video games that combine playable figurines with video game content, Skylanders Academy charts the adventures of the team of heroes as they train the next wave of Skylanders Academy cadets. It will feature the voices of Justin Long (Alvin And The Chipmunks) as Spyro, Ashley Tisdale (Phineas And Ferb) as Stealth Elf, Jonathan Banks (Breaking Bad) as Eruptor, and Norm MacDonald (Saturday Night Live) as Glumshanks. Additional voice talent includes The Diamond Minecart, Susan Sarandon, Daniel Wu, Parker Posey, James Hetfield, Catherine O’Hara, Bobcat Goldthwait, Chris Diamantopoulos, Jonny Rees, Harland Williams and Richard Horvitz.
Futurama writer Eric Rogers serves as showrunner, with Activision Blizzard Studios co-presidents Stacey Sher and Nick van Dyk executive producing alongside Sander Schwartz, who previously produced The Batman, The Aquabats! Super Show!, and Justice League: The New Frontier.
This is the first project form the studio that also has other franchises like Call of Duty, Starcraft, Destiny, Diablo and Candy Crush Saga that they are looking to develop.
- NFL Post-Mortem: The 2017 Pittsburgh Steelers - February 24, 2018
- John Oliver Victorious: Lawsuit Against Last Week Tonight Dismissed - February 24, 2018
- Flash Season 4: What Does Iris West-Allen’s Costume Tell Us? - February 24, 2018
- Arrow Season 6: Back for Only 2 Weeks Before Taking Another Night Off - February 24, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: Angela Zhou Added to Cast; Is She the Third Worldkiller? - February 24, 2018