Netflix has picked up the animated series Skylanders Academy from Activision Blizzard Studios. The new series is set to debut in the fall. First word of the series came along with the announcement of the studios back in November of 2015.
Based on the company’s successful Skylanders line of toys-to-life video games that combine playable figurines with video game content, Skylanders Academy charts the adventures of the team of heroes as they train the next wave of Skylanders Academy cadets. It will feature the voices of Justin Long (Alvin And The Chipmunks) as Spyro, Ashley Tisdale (Phineas And Ferb) as Stealth Elf, Jonathan Banks (Breaking Bad) as Eruptor, and Norm MacDonald (Saturday Night Live) as Glumshanks. Additional voice talent includes The Diamond Minecart, Susan Sarandon, Daniel Wu, Parker Posey, James Hetfield, Catherine O’Hara, Bobcat Goldthwait, Chris Diamantopoulos, Jonny Rees, Harland Williams and Richard Horvitz.
Futurama writer Eric Rogers serves as showrunner, with Activision Blizzard Studios co-presidents Stacey Sher and Nick van Dyk executive producing alongside Sander Schwartz, who previously produced The Batman, The Aquabats! Super Show!, and Justice League: The New Frontier.
This is the first project form the studio that also has other franchises like Call of Duty, Starcraft, Destiny, Diablo and Candy Crush Saga that they are looking to develop.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018