Today is the day! Gert is back for more I Hate Fairyland action, and it’s even better than I remembered it to be. Written and illustrated by Skottie Young, I Hate Fairyland’s twisted world is a treat to dive into. Get ready to laugh and gasp with the amount of plot development that takes place in the sixth issue. It goes without saying, if you haven’t read the previous issues you’re going to want to stop reading now.
Gert is Queen! To sum up how she feels about it, there’s no better way than to quote her directly. “Being Queen Stuffs!” Skottie Young starts the issue off with a scenario that appears to be a wonderful one. Gert has claimed the throne and is managing her power in a great way. Turns out, that’s just a dream. What’s really happening is boring. Thank goodness for her sidekick Larry who helps her navigate her way through figuring out how to handle her new position. As always, the two of them are quite entertaining to read. Their dialogue is flawless and hilarious.
It’s not going to come as a surprise when I tell you that Gert isn’t good at being Queen. It’s utter chaos. But that’s where I’ll stop because you should absolutely experience what that entails for yourself. The good news is I Hate Fairyland is back, and it’s such a great comic. I can’t wait to see how Young unfolds more of the story, and introduces us to new characters Be sure to grab your copy of I Hate Fairyland #6 today!
- The Retro 90s Style We Loved In Pokemon TCG Is Back! - November 12, 2016
- #OddlyCrypticTweets Purpose Revealed! A Chat With Otis Frampton About The Future Of Oddly Normal - November 12, 2016
- A Deep Conversation About Storytelling: BOOM! Studios Discovering New Worlds At NYCC 16′ - October 8, 2016
- “SCOTT SNYDER LIKES MY BOOK!” The Image Comics Storytelling Panel NYCC 16’ - October 8, 2016
- “You Learn A Lot From Reading” Be Your Own Superhero: Intersectional Feminism In Comics At NYCC 16′ - October 8, 2016