Today sees the publication of Scooby Doo Apocalypse #2 from DC Comics, that has already seen Scooby Doo reinvented as a genetic experiment, Shaggy as his hipster handler, Velma as a mad genetic scientist, and Fred as cameraman to Daphne’s conspiracy journalist.
But despite all this, this may be the biggest change to the nature of Scooby Doo. And I don’t mean the emoji goggles. When faced with a monster, the Scooby Doo we know does this.
He runs. Scooby and Shaggy may be one of the first heroes defined by their cowardice.
- Two Meta-Looks at Comics From Marvel and DC This Week - October 19, 2018
- Archie Comics Cancels Their Marvel Digest Volumes - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Challenge Another Punisher Trademark Application by Militia Group - October 19, 2018
- So Why Are There No Comic Book Unions Then? - October 19, 2018
- Jim Steranko, Ron Frenz, George Perez, Barry Kitson and Alan Davis on The Liberty Brigade - October 19, 2018