Today sees the publication of Scooby Doo Apocalypse #2 from DC Comics, that has already seen Scooby Doo reinvented as a genetic experiment, Shaggy as his hipster handler, Velma as a mad genetic scientist, and Fred as cameraman to Daphne’s conspiracy journalist.
But despite all this, this may be the biggest change to the nature of Scooby Doo. And I don’t mean the emoji goggles. When faced with a monster, the Scooby Doo we know does this.
He runs. Scooby and Shaggy may be one of the first heroes defined by their cowardice.
- Nick Derington Drawing Brian Bendis’ Batman for Walmart Exclusive DC Comics - June 23, 2018
- 10 Things We Can Tell You About Ta-Nehisi Coates’ Captain America #1 With Leinil Yu - June 23, 2018
- UPS Strike Off, Comic Stores Spared Disruption - June 23, 2018
- Heavy Metal’s Taarna Gets a Funko POP, Exclusive at SDCC 2018 - June 23, 2018
- A “Classic” Strip Mixing Light and Dark: Dunce - June 23, 2018