Today sees the publication of Scooby Doo Apocalypse #2 from DC Comics, that has already seen Scooby Doo reinvented as a genetic experiment, Shaggy as his hipster handler, Velma as a mad genetic scientist, and Fred as cameraman to Daphne’s conspiracy journalist.
But despite all this, this may be the biggest change to the nature of Scooby Doo. And I don’t mean the emoji goggles. When faced with a monster, the Scooby Doo we know does this.
He runs. Scooby and Shaggy may be one of the first heroes defined by their cowardice.
- DC Comics to Publish English Translation of Batman & the Justice League Manga - March 18, 2018
- Solicits for DC Ink and Zoom Titles Mera, Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass, and DC Super Hero Girls: Search for Atlantis - March 18, 2018
- Brian Michael Bendis’s Creator-Owned Comics to Cost Less from DC Than Marvel - March 18, 2018
- 8 More Absolute/Omnibus Books from DC Comics, from Flashpoint to Before Watchmen - March 18, 2018
- Adapting Madness – Bringing H.P. Lovecraft’s World to Life - March 18, 2018