British indie film director Rachel Tunnard presents a short video of two thumbs discussing sexism in Hollywood. ahead of the release of her film Adult Life Skills.
Over the past few years I’ve been making a comedy feature film called “Adult Life Skills” and I am being asked a lot in the press about being a “woman in film.”
Sometimes, it’s hard to talk about being a “female filmmaker” without sounding like you have a massive chip on your shoulder (I do have a chip but it is about my mum not letting me have a shell suit in the late 1980s because she thought I would set fire to myself).
I don’t want to rant about how sexism is about undermining your power and authority not just saying “your tits look nice in that top” so lets just say — some of the things in this video actually happened — and not the bit stopping the filming to go to the toilet and gossip with my Director of Photography. (I’m not saying we didn’t gossip on the loo — I’m saying we just waited until someone shouted “CUT!”)
As left thumb says, she’s clearly just being opportunist…
- Super Sons to Relaunch in August with a New #1 by Peter Tomasi - May 19, 2018
- Immortal Hulk #1 Retailer Variants from Golden Apple and AOD Collectables - May 19, 2018
- Today I Came Upon Philip Zec’s Most Famous Political Cartoons - May 19, 2018
- Andy Warhol and Ramones Graphic Novels to be Published by SelfMadeHero - May 19, 2018
- Van Jensen Creates Comic Book Political Ad for Georgian Governor Candidate Stacey Abrams - May 19, 2018