British indie film director Rachel Tunnard presents a short video of two thumbs discussing sexism in Hollywood. ahead of the release of her film Adult Life Skills.
Over the past few years I’ve been making a comedy feature film called “Adult Life Skills” and I am being asked a lot in the press about being a “woman in film.”
Sometimes, it’s hard to talk about being a “female filmmaker” without sounding like you have a massive chip on your shoulder (I do have a chip but it is about my mum not letting me have a shell suit in the late 1980s because she thought I would set fire to myself).
I don’t want to rant about how sexism is about undermining your power and authority not just saying “your tits look nice in that top” so lets just say — some of the things in this video actually happened — and not the bit stopping the filming to go to the toilet and gossip with my Director of Photography. (I’m not saying we didn’t gossip on the loo — I’m saying we just waited until someone shouted “CUT!”)
As left thumb says, she’s clearly just being opportunist…
- Filip Sablik and Ross Richie Address ComicsPRO on BOOM! Studios as a Premier Publisher at Diamond - February 23, 2018
- Publishing Dates for DC Zoom and DC Ink Titles Locked Down - February 23, 2018
- Dynamite Entertainment to Become a Premier Publisher at Diamond Comics (CONFIRMED) - February 23, 2018
- Russell T Davies and Steven Moffat to Adapt Own Doctor Who Episodes as Target Novelisations - February 23, 2018
- Return of Bruce Banner Hulk in Avengers #684 Tops Advance Reorders - February 23, 2018