British indie film director Rachel Tunnard presents a short video of two thumbs discussing sexism in Hollywood. ahead of the release of her film Adult Life Skills.
Over the past few years I’ve been making a comedy feature film called “Adult Life Skills” and I am being asked a lot in the press about being a “woman in film.”
Sometimes, it’s hard to talk about being a “female filmmaker” without sounding like you have a massive chip on your shoulder (I do have a chip but it is about my mum not letting me have a shell suit in the late 1980s because she thought I would set fire to myself).
I don’t want to rant about how sexism is about undermining your power and authority not just saying “your tits look nice in that top” so lets just say — some of the things in this video actually happened — and not the bit stopping the filming to go to the toilet and gossip with my Director of Photography. (I’m not saying we didn’t gossip on the loo — I’m saying we just waited until someone shouted “CUT!”)
As left thumb says, she’s clearly just being opportunist…
- Life Is Strange #1 and Bloodshot: Rising Spirit #1 Go to Second Prints the Day Before Publishing - November 13, 2018
- The Conservative Councillor of Camden Who Paid Tribute to Stan Lee - November 13, 2018
- Talking to Kieron Gillen About Peter Cannon: Thunderbolt and DIE, With Wine and Cheese (VIDEO) - November 13, 2018
- Talking To – And About – Stan Lee - November 13, 2018
- Jonathan Ross, Correcting the BBC Over Stan Lee on Newsnight Last Night - November 13, 2018