Being in the room for the PlayStation conference and the God of War reveal as pretty special. I have little history with the franchise, and I have to say I didn’t much care for the leak of the game that had hit a few months ago.
What was shown was not like usual God of War though. It looked more like the Last of Us, and less like a combo action game, but it presented as beautiful and cinematic. It importantly also looks like it takes a second to breathe, something the other God of War games could learn from. The lengthy gameplay demo shows a journey with the new protagonist in a Norse world teaching his son to hunt. Something you’d never see from the franchise previously.
I will say it had a live orchestral accompaniment which certainly helped as a lover of game music, but I think the game looks stellar.
Take a look at the trailer here:
- Anthem Shows Off the Legion of Dawn in New Trailer - December 14, 2018
- DayZ is Now Out of Early Access and You Can Play it For Free This Weekend - December 14, 2018
- Marvel’s Spider-Man’s Final DLC Gets Release Date – Will Have Into the Spider Verse Suit - December 13, 2018
- Tony Hawk has a New Game for Mobile - December 13, 2018
- Kingdom Hearts Gets Opening Cinematic With New Skrillex Collaboration - December 10, 2018