Being in the room for the PlayStation conference and the God of War reveal as pretty special. I have little history with the franchise, and I have to say I didn’t much care for the leak of the game that had hit a few months ago.
What was shown was not like usual God of War though. It looked more like the Last of Us, and less like a combo action game, but it presented as beautiful and cinematic. It importantly also looks like it takes a second to breathe, something the other God of War games could learn from. The lengthy gameplay demo shows a journey with the new protagonist in a Norse world teaching his son to hunt. Something you’d never see from the franchise previously.
I will say it had a live orchestral accompaniment which certainly helped as a lover of game music, but I think the game looks stellar.
Take a look at the trailer here:
- EA is Talking About Cross-Play for FIFA, Says Creative Director - June 18, 2018
- Nintendo Is Open to Doing a Live E3 Presentation Again - June 18, 2018
- Beyond Good and Evil 2 Beta Looks to be Aiming for the End of 2019 - June 18, 2018
- Sea of Thieves Beat its Three Month Target Within One Day Thanks to Xbox Game Pass - June 18, 2018
- The Elder Scrolls 6 has an Internal Release Date but Bethesda Won’t Tell us Yet - June 18, 2018