Being in the room for the PlayStation conference and the God of War reveal as pretty special. I have little history with the franchise, and I have to say I didn’t much care for the leak of the game that had hit a few months ago.
What was shown was not like usual God of War though. It looked more like the Last of Us, and less like a combo action game, but it presented as beautiful and cinematic. It importantly also looks like it takes a second to breathe, something the other God of War games could learn from. The lengthy gameplay demo shows a journey with the new protagonist in a Norse world teaching his son to hunt. Something you’d never see from the franchise previously.
I will say it had a live orchestral accompaniment which certainly helped as a lover of game music, but I think the game looks stellar.
Take a look at the trailer here:
- Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom Gets a Beautiful Launch Trailer - March 19, 2018
- Report Claims Next Assassin’s Creed Game is Going to Ancient Greece - March 19, 2018
- Burnout Paradise Tops UK Charts, Proving It Still Has Some Magic to Give - March 19, 2018
- LEGO The Incredibles Looks Like it is Happening Thanks to Retail Leak - March 19, 2018
- God of War Gets a New TV Spot Featuring Several Locations - March 19, 2018