Being in the room for the PlayStation conference and the God of War reveal as pretty special. I have little history with the franchise, and I have to say I didn’t much care for the leak of the game that had hit a few months ago.
What was shown was not like usual God of War though. It looked more like the Last of Us, and less like a combo action game, but it presented as beautiful and cinematic. It importantly also looks like it takes a second to breathe, something the other God of War games could learn from. The lengthy gameplay demo shows a journey with the new protagonist in a Norse world teaching his son to hunt. Something you’d never see from the franchise previously.
I will say it had a live orchestral accompaniment which certainly helped as a lover of game music, but I think the game looks stellar.
Take a look at the trailer here:
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout Could Have 100 Players as Capacity Increased to End Beta - September 18, 2018
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is Coming to Nintendo Switch in Japan via Streaming - September 14, 2018
- Marvel’s Spider-Man Review: How the Spider Found His Spirit - September 14, 2018
- Yugi From Yu-Gi-Oh is Joining Jump Force - September 14, 2018
- It Doesn’t Look Like Halo 5 is Coming to PC - September 13, 2018