Rachel Maddow is a Batwoman fan. She wrote the introduction to the Batwoman: Elegy collection by Greg Rucka and JH Williams III.
She also went on Seth Meyers in 2014 to talk about… Batwoman.
So there’s a history.
Which is why it was a nice surprise – and possible overreading – to find this in the new Detective Comics #934 published today, in which Batwoman talks about her new special someone.
Okay, so that’s Rachele with an ‘E’. Is this a stretch? Or a sweet in-joke for the DC Comics crew? Will Rachele’s job be confirmed as a TV show host and pundit? And can anyone confirm the nature of Rachel Maddow’s avocado on toast?
The comic, which creates a new Batman “team” in response to someone watching the vigilantes of Gotham, also has another revelation. But more for Bruce Wayne than for Kathy Kane… Detective Comics #934 by James Tynion and Eddy Barrows, is published by DC Comics today.
- Valiant Hires Drew Baumgartner and Zane Warman - December 17, 2018
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics March 2019 Solicitations - December 17, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels Damage in 2019? - December 17, 2018
- Frankensteining DC Comics March 2019 Solicitations – Heroes In Crisis, Detective Comics #1000, Watchmen - December 17, 2018
- Radio Times Celebrates 40th Anniversary of a Comic, Puts The Snowman on Their Christmas Cover - December 17, 2018