Erik and Justin’s Doctor Who excursion brings them to 1988 and “The Happiness Patrol,” a Sylvester McCoy episode featuring the infamous Kandy Man.
The Doctor and Ace land on Terra Alpha, an Earth colony in the grip of the Thatcher-esque Helen A. With her Happiness Patrol, she intends to enforce cheer and happiness across the planet. She also seems to be in the sugar business, but that part of the story is less precise. When the Doctor decides to get involved, he is sent to the Kandy Kitchen, where he confronts a being that is part robot and part marzipan.
Justin discovers he likes the Kandy Man and wishes the story was more about him while Erik tries to wrap himself around the story’s odd editing choices and the correct pronunciation of director Chris Clough‘s name. Will this story end up Justin’s favorite of the John Nathan-Turner era?
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016