Good news comes this week as the National Cartoonist Society has awarded Dark Horse’s original graphic novel, Nanjing: The Burning City a Silver Reuben.
For those of you who don’t know, here’s what it’s all about:
“Nanjing: The Burning City: After the bombs fell, the Imperial Japanese Army seized the Chinese capital of Nanjing. Now screams echo off the rubble as two abandoned Chinese soldiers—trapped and desperately outnumbered inside the walled city—try to escape. What they’ll encounter will haunt them. But in the face of horror, they’ll learn that resistance and bravery cannot be destroyed.”
Creator Ethan Young hopes that his future work will live up to the standards that this graphic novel has set. He shared a bit of his excitement on Twitter…
So happy to win this year's Silver Reuben!!!! https://t.co/59LlkEa3pl
— Ethan Young (@POP_MYTH) May 29, 2016
It looks like we can look forward to a new graphic novel from Young this coming Fall. The Battles of Bridget Lee: Invasion of Farfall releases in September.
- The Retro 90s Style We Loved In Pokemon TCG Is Back! - November 12, 2016
- #OddlyCrypticTweets Purpose Revealed! A Chat With Otis Frampton About The Future Of Oddly Normal - November 12, 2016
- A Deep Conversation About Storytelling: BOOM! Studios Discovering New Worlds At NYCC 16′ - October 8, 2016
- “SCOTT SNYDER LIKES MY BOOK!” The Image Comics Storytelling Panel NYCC 16’ - October 8, 2016
- “You Learn A Lot From Reading” Be Your Own Superhero: Intersectional Feminism In Comics At NYCC 16′ - October 8, 2016