It will be hard to follow Julie Andrews, because just like Mary Poppins, she’s “practically perfect in every way.” However, it’s time for Emily Blunt to take over. The actress will assume the role of Poppins in an upcoming sequel from Disney. Lin-Manuel Miranda will play a new character who is a street lamplighter named Jack.
What we know of the plot is that “Adult Michael” and his children are visited by their old nanny after a personal loss. Mary Poppins is then given the task to bring joy to the Banks family once again.
The film’s title will simply be Mary Poppins Returns. It’s set to open in theaters on Dec. 25, 2018, so we have quite a bit of time before then. I’ll be interested to see if Julie Andrews weighs in on the matter…perhaps there’s room for a cameo?
- The Retro 90s Style We Loved In Pokemon TCG Is Back! - November 12, 2016
- #OddlyCrypticTweets Purpose Revealed! A Chat With Otis Frampton About The Future Of Oddly Normal - November 12, 2016
- A Deep Conversation About Storytelling: BOOM! Studios Discovering New Worlds At NYCC 16′ - October 8, 2016
- “SCOTT SNYDER LIKES MY BOOK!” The Image Comics Storytelling Panel NYCC 16’ - October 8, 2016
- “You Learn A Lot From Reading” Be Your Own Superhero: Intersectional Feminism In Comics At NYCC 16′ - October 8, 2016