Hellboy creator Mike Mignola is making the media rounds as the final issue of Hellboy in Hell nears publication and, while speaking with the Guardian, addressed the question of a third film.
“I’ll believe it when I see it. There’s nothing I can do to make those things happen,” he said of plans to bring the characters back for a third outing or some other media presentation.
Mignola noted that the two films — directed by Guillermo del Toro and starring Ron Perlman — are miracles. “Back then, [del Toro] was just a super enthusiastic guy who’d made a couple of pretty funky monster movies. But he was persuasive as hell and he fought like a dog to get these things made.”
Sadly, he doubts any level of enthusiasm at this point could be enough to get the third film made. “They didn’t make a lot of money, and that’s one of the big things people look for,” he quipped.
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016