Jonathan Rich writes for BleedingCool …
On May 19th, I saw a link on Bleeding Cool about a retro-styled infomercial touting the benefits of Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters.
It was clearly an attempt at viral marketing by 20th Century Fox in advance of X-Men: Apocalypse, but what many who viewed the site may not have realized was that the connection to the Marvel Comics property had a little more to offer.
That morning I called the 1-800 number listed at the end of the video and to my surprise it was not disconnected. Instead, a very familiar voice (who also has been known to cameo in super hero movies) thanked me for my interest and invited me to leave a message.
I did and to my surprise a week later, I received the following postcard in the mail:
Sadly, it appears my mutant power will have to develop on its own without the lessons I could have learned in Westchester, New York (they even got the fake postmark right!
Jonathan Rich is a freelance writer and educator working in the mountains of Western North Carolina. he covers pop culture for several publications and websites, including Bleeding Cool.
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016