Fantastic was a weekly British comic book magazine published in 1967 that published black and white reprints of American comic books.
You might occasionally find them in second hand shops… but in Brighton with the kids (and missing MCM London) I found them in a most unexpected place, as well as pages from Oink andand others.
On the walls of Fish + Liquor in Brighton. I chatted to the owner, he told me it was a lot cheaper than wallpaper and gave people something to read.
And, yes, you could take away fish and chips in comics rather than the traditional newspaper…
i think we’ll be back…
- Sarah Kuhn and Alitha Martinez Return to Barbie Comics, in Papercutz January 2019 Solicitations - October 17, 2018
- Dave Sim Parodies X-Men For New Comic, Giant-Size Jingles - October 17, 2018
- Blake Northcott and Donny Tran Launch New ‘What If?’ Line From Aspen in January 2019 Solicits - October 17, 2018
- Null Faeries #1 Launches in Action Lab January 2019 Solicitations - October 17, 2018
- Damian Wayne Gets A Crush – But Not on Crush (Teen Titans #23 Spoilers) - October 17, 2018