Fantastic was a weekly British comic book magazine published in 1967 that published black and white reprints of American comic books.
You might occasionally find them in second hand shops… but in Brighton with the kids (and missing MCM London) I found them in a most unexpected place, as well as pages from Oink andand others.
On the walls of Fish + Liquor in Brighton. I chatted to the owner, he told me it was a lot cheaper than wallpaper and gave people something to read.
And, yes, you could take away fish and chips in comics rather than the traditional newspaper…
i think we’ll be back…
- Thank FOC It’s Sunday #7 – That Was The Week That Was - December 16, 2018
- Win a Private Tour of DC Comics’ Archive for LGBTQ Charity - December 16, 2018
- Hindus Call For Apology From Marvel Over Uncanny X-Men #5 - December 16, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List 16th December 2018 – Batman Damned Beats The One Who Laughs - December 16, 2018
- Monica’s Gang/DC Comics Crossover Published in Brazil - December 16, 2018