This story just keeps running and running, but hopefully this is now the epilogue.
This all started with Kotaku breaking a story, reporting that No Man’s Sky was getting a delay. This then started a barrage from the game’s fans against journalist Jason Schreier, who received death threats on suspicion of making up the story. Then, predictably, the story was confirmed by Hello Games, announcing the game was coming in August.
Well, it seems that some in the angry mob have turned their frustration toward the game’s director Sean Murray. In a tweet, he revealed that he had gotten death threats for the delay (which is only 7 weeks long), but it seems he kept a light mood about it all. He tweeted:
Tell me when its safe to remove the marbles and oil from the stairs. It’s getting really cumbersome, and I need the toilet
— Sean Murray (@NoMansSky) May 28, 2016
Hopefully this loud subset of fans were just using the anonymity of the internet to get out frustrations, and that nothing here was at all serious. Still, I don’t think it’s unfair that those yelling should get a little bit of perspective.
- Anthem Gets Story Trailer Showing Off Impressive Cutscenes - December 6, 2018
- Far Cry: New Dawn Shows Off Beautiful Post-Apocalypse World - December 6, 2018
- Ubisoft is Teasing a Nuclear Far Cry to be Revealed at The Game Awards - December 6, 2018
- Destiny 2’s Black Armory is a Bizarre First Week Experience as You Can’t Really Play It [Update] - December 5, 2018
- Epic Games says Unreal Tournament isn’t being Actively Developed - December 5, 2018