Comic book conventions are often lauded for the income and economic boost they bring to an area, through hotels, workforce and increase in business to local trade. In 2014 it was estimated that Megacon brought $23 million to Orange County.
This year, however, it may be a little less. And the local branch of the International Alliance Of Theatrical Stage Employees union has noticed.
This flyer, handed out at the show this weekend, asks attendees and vendors to complain to the show runners about the use of an out-of-state workforce, and that local workers who are employed are underpaid. And that
- Dark Horse Comics Solicitations for March 2019 Includes Invisible Kingdom, Hellboy: The Art of the Motion Picture and the Elfen Lied Omnibus - December 18, 2018
- Ibrahim Moustafa Joins Jeff Parker on James Bond: Origin - December 18, 2018
- Brian Ruckley to Reboot Transformers for IDW, Twice-Monthly in March 2019 - December 18, 2018
- The Roy/Neal War Continues On Bleeding Cool - December 18, 2018
- Marvel Comics March 2019 Solicitations in Full - December 18, 2018