Comic book conventions are often lauded for the income and economic boost they bring to an area, through hotels, workforce and increase in business to local trade. In 2014 it was estimated that Megacon brought $23 million to Orange County.
This year, however, it may be a little less. And the local branch of the International Alliance Of Theatrical Stage Employees union has noticed.
This flyer, handed out at the show this weekend, asks attendees and vendors to complain to the show runners about the use of an out-of-state workforce, and that local workers who are employed are underpaid. And that
- MCM London Debut: Five Years Later…. Josceline Fenton’s Hemlock #5 - October 22, 2018
- Frank Cho Gets His Ballpoint Out - October 22, 2018
- Amy Chu and Her Interns’ Commentary on Dejah Thoris #9 - October 22, 2018
- Zenscope’s Journey to MCM Via London’s Comic Shops - October 22, 2018
- The Daily LITG, 22nd October 2018 – Happy Birthday Steven Grant - October 22, 2018