This week Funko announced an upcoming “Specialty Series” of POP! Vinyls that will be exclusively released POP!s everywhere! Grocery stores, gas stations, bookstores, you name it. So is Funko trying to reel the trend back? After all, there are stores that have exclusive POP!’s already. Hot Topic is one of them. So what makes the Specialty Series any different?
Here’s what Funko has to say:
“In an effort to recognize our most special accounts and loyal retailers, Funko is introducing our latest line of exclusives – the Specialty Series. Every month, we’ll be announcing two major exclusives – one Pop! Vinyl and one Dorbz – that can be acquired through the Specialty Series.
Why is it so special? You’ll only be able to find these Specialty Series exclusives in boutique retail, specialty stores, local comic book shops and from qualified online retailers. This is your chance to help support local businesses and smaller retailers, and you’ll pick up an amazing exclusive item in the process!”
…Remember, these two fantastic pieces are exclusive to the Specialty Series. So pay a visit to your favorite specialty store or your local comic book shop and let them know to order the Specialty Series from Funko.
They’re kicking things off with these two…
Welcome Cosmo Pop! Vinyl from Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy and the Dorbz version of Howard The Duck. It looks like this will be a monthly thing, so keep your eyes peeled for more news.
- The Retro 90s Style We Loved In Pokemon TCG Is Back! - November 12, 2016
- #OddlyCrypticTweets Purpose Revealed! A Chat With Otis Frampton About The Future Of Oddly Normal - November 12, 2016
- A Deep Conversation About Storytelling: BOOM! Studios Discovering New Worlds At NYCC 16′ - October 8, 2016
- “SCOTT SNYDER LIKES MY BOOK!” The Image Comics Storytelling Panel NYCC 16’ - October 8, 2016
- “You Learn A Lot From Reading” Be Your Own Superhero: Intersectional Feminism In Comics At NYCC 16′ - October 8, 2016