The Witcher 3 is just about to wrap up with the Blood and Wine DLC around the corner, which will act as the final topper for the game. This could’ve led some to believe that CD Projekt RED might be making some kind of intent known at E3 with a trailer for their next game Cyberpunk 2077.
Sadly, it seems that is not going to be the case. Speaking to Eurogamer, co-founder Marcin Iwinski shot down hopes of seeing the title at the expo, but he did curiously tease that they might be there with something else. He said:
It might happen that we will be at E3 and we will show something at E3, but I just want to make it clear it’s not Cyberpunk. We still have a lot of work to do with Cyberpunk.
That is…mysterious? I can’t imagine the developer would be taking on another game the scale of The Witcher 3 alongside the promised massive Cyberpunk 2077. Maybe they will announce the game coming after Cyberpunk, much as they announced Cyberpunk well in advance of The Witcher 3. Interesting.
- Fortnite’s Save the World Mode is Not Going to Free-to-Play This Year - October 22, 2018
- Nike has Endorsed its First Esports Player - October 22, 2018
- Conan Exiles and Halo Wars 2 are Free to Play This Weekend on Xbox Live - October 19, 2018
- Hitman is Getting a Halloween Event Today - October 19, 2018
- Developer Says The Division 2 Can’t Be Openly Political - October 18, 2018