Collider reports Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials actress Rosa Salazar will play the title role in Alita: Battle Angel.
UPDATE: The Hollywood Reporter is now backing up the report.
Based on the manga by Yukito Kishiro, it centers on “a female cyborg that is discovered in a trash yard by a scientist.” Lacking memories of her previous life except for deadly martial arts training, she becomes a bounty hunter sometime in the 26th Century.
The film was a passion project of director James Cameron, who had been developing it alongside Avatar since the turn of the century. Back in October, Cameron handed directing duties to Robert Rodriguez.
With the reported casting of Salazar, production will likely ramp up soon. The project does not currently have a scheduled release date.
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016