The original Power Rangers television series has longevity. It is still on the air; though renamed fairly often and recast at least a dozen times. Lionsgate, the studio behind the new big screen adaptation of the Saban series hopes its film franchise will last as long.
Deadline reports the studio told industry analysts during a call earlier this morning that they hope to make “five, six or seven of them.” A seemingly ambitious plan for the property.
The new film stars Becky G, RJ Cyler, Ludi Lin, Dacre Montgomery and Naomi Scott as a team of robot-driving, Putty-fighting teens focused on ending the threat posed by Elizabeth Banks‘ Rita Repulsa. With the precedent set by the TV series, cast members and threats can be swapped out as production realities demand — provided of course that the first film is successful upon its March 24th, 2017 release.
But should the film succeed, there may yet be room for Lord Zedd and Ivan Ooze to make a theatrical return.
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016