With a new X-Men movie out this week, Screen Junkies have released an Honest Trailer for the 1990s X-Men animated series that aired on Fox. It introduced a core team of characters to children of the era. It also featured a lot of Wolverine growling.
And I have to admit the video made me nostalgic for the series. I wasn’t a big Marvel reader at the time, so the show was my introduction to characters like Cable, Mr. Sinister and Apocalypse. But the video is also completely fair in its criticisms of the show for its use of stereotypes and the endless shouting of “Scott!” and “Jean!” The show also had some occasionally wonky animation, with an infamous “shirtless Magneto” appearing on a TV screen in the first episode. But the show seemed to do its job and it is no accident the first live action film utilizes that same core group of characters (minus Nightcrawler).
Their appraisal of Jubilee is also completely fair.
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016