Duncan Jones thinks there is an arms race in Hollywood for the best visual effects and right now he and the crew of Warcraft are the coolest kids on the block. It’s hard to say for story and acting from the trailers, but the visuals we’ve seen so far in the trailers and featurettes are pretty stunning. And the fact a lot of it was shot practically mixing live-action with CGI characters is impressive.
Converting video games to film has not gone well over all. Has Legendary and Blizzard figured out how to do it? The early reviews seem to cast some doubt on that. But I’ll still be there opening weekend to watch a live-action battle of Horde and Alliance and see the world of Azeroth.
Warcraft opens June 10th.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018