Yooka-Laylee has been a little quiet of late, which is probably a good thing. It means that developer Playtonic has probably been hard at work on the game.
But, indeed they’ve finally re-emerged to tell us more about the title. In a website, PlayTonic shared these three photos from the title. It certainly looks to be living up to that Banjo Kazooie heritage. Take a look:
On top of that, it’s been announced that The Toybox, which will act as a bit of a demo for the game, will be available to backers in July. The Toybox seems to be separate from the game, with its own original content, so don’t worry about spoilers.
On top of that, Playtonic said of the release date that it is getting “close”. They are still aiming for the already proposed October 2016 release date, but did add:
As fans of some of our past work will attest, we’re a group committed to releasing games only when they’re polished, complete, and at the quality level you expect. As soon as we’re confident we’ve ticked all of those boxes, we’ll inform our backers directly of when to mark their calendars.
It’s actually pretty crazy how close this game is feeling now. It wasn’t all that long ago that the Kickstarter finished. It’s very cool that fans will get hands on with it so soon. Hang tight people!
- Kingdom Hearts Gets Opening Cinematic With New Skrillex Collaboration - December 10, 2018
- Anthem Gets Story Trailer Showing Off Impressive Cutscenes - December 6, 2018
- Far Cry: New Dawn Shows Off Beautiful Post-Apocalypse World - December 6, 2018
- Ubisoft is Teasing a Nuclear Far Cry to be Revealed at The Game Awards - December 6, 2018
- Destiny 2’s Black Armory is a Bizarre First Week Experience as You Can’t Really Play It [Update] - December 5, 2018