This year, the Diamond Summit in Baltimore for retailers will take place solely at the Baltimore Hilton to minimise disruption and travel.
It’s an attempt to make things a little easier on comic store owners and employees as well as up the social side. They’ll start the events with a social on the Wednesday at Geppi’s Entertainment Museum, then head to the Camden Yards for the Orioles/Blue Jays game.
Instead of the focus group sessions they’ve done in the past, Diamond will be hosting a 3-hour Industry Exhibit Hall in the Baltimore Hilton, giving retailers the freedom to walk around and speak with vendors of their choosing in a closed setting.
They have also expanded our Retailer Workshop programming where retailers can choose from several different workshops and topics.
And midday through the full day Thursday they are introducing a Cookie Break Social where retailers can “relax for a few minutes, grab a bite, and listen to some music, before heading into our retailers only Exhibit Hall.”
But the piece de resistance has to be on Friday night for a wrap-up comics industry karaoke event, presented by Diamond President and owner, Steve Geppi.
Attendees with also get exclusive variant comics and goody bags, as well as VIP passes for Baltimore Comic Con held that weekend.
And if you do plan on attending,… feel free to let Bleeding Cool know!
- Patrick Zircher Talks About His Trials With Editors - December 15, 2018
- New Ms Marvel Writer Seeks Mistakes Men Make When Writing About Teenage Girls - December 15, 2018
- ‘Neal Adams Is Full Of Crap’ – Roy Thomas Refutes Claims About the Kree/Skrull War - December 15, 2018
- Victoria McNally, Valiant’s Senior Marketing & Communications Manager, Also Out - December 15, 2018
- How The Graphic Novel Sale is Looking at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet - December 15, 2018