This year, the Diamond Summit in Baltimore for retailers will take place solely at the Baltimore Hilton to minimise disruption and travel.
It’s an attempt to make things a little easier on comic store owners and employees as well as up the social side. They’ll start the events with a social on the Wednesday at Geppi’s Entertainment Museum, then head to the Camden Yards for the Orioles/Blue Jays game.
Instead of the focus group sessions they’ve done in the past, Diamond will be hosting a 3-hour Industry Exhibit Hall in the Baltimore Hilton, giving retailers the freedom to walk around and speak with vendors of their choosing in a closed setting.
They have also expanded our Retailer Workshop programming where retailers can choose from several different workshops and topics.
And midday through the full day Thursday they are introducing a Cookie Break Social where retailers can “relax for a few minutes, grab a bite, and listen to some music, before heading into our retailers only Exhibit Hall.”
But the piece de resistance has to be on Friday night for a wrap-up comics industry karaoke event, presented by Diamond President and owner, Steve Geppi.
Attendees with also get exclusive variant comics and goody bags, as well as VIP passes for Baltimore Comic Con held that weekend.
And if you do plan on attending,… feel free to let Bleeding Cool know!
- The Other History Of The DC Universe by John Ridley Vs Glory Scroll/Black Reign by Michael Davis - October 20, 2018
- Why 5 Kid Comics of California May Be Closing Down - October 20, 2018
- Gary Reed’s Final Comic, Savants, to See Print in 2019 - October 20, 2018
- In Depth Look at This Yu-Gi-Oh! Thing the Kids Go On About – Part Three - October 20, 2018
- Colleen Douglas and Chris Zero to Launch ‘God of Bad Men’ in January - October 20, 2018