Coming off Tuesday’s #ValiantSummit in New York, Valiant Entertainment is having a big week…but they’ll be raising the stakes even higher in June as X-O Manowar #47 begins the countdown to the long-running series’ issue #50 finale.
To officiate writer Robert Venditti‘s 56-issue run on the title, the publisher is holding “X-O Manowar #50 Countdown Giveaway” across all issues of the book’s final arc – entitled “Long Live the King” by Venditti and artists Joe Bennett and Roberto de la Torre.
As part of the promotion, Valiant will be bagging each issue of “Long Live the King” with one of 50 4-by-6-inch “micro-prints” by one of 50 artists, each featuring a different artist’s interpretation of X-O Manowar.
But that’s not the really interesting part… Taking a page out of Harley Quinn’s Little Black Book, each issue could also be randomly inserted with an original hand-drawn art piece by a Valiant artist past or present. And, unlike DC’s recent attempts, they won’t incredibly out of reach… Insiders tell me that approximately 1 in 40 issues will feature original artwork.
Bleeding Cool has found what looks like a selection of the “X-O Manowar #50 Countdown Giveaway” original prints from Sean Chen, Scot Eaton, Ryan Bodenheim, Adam Gorham, Paul Maybury, Robert Gill, Rafer Robert, Ryan Winn, and more…
Will you be picking up a copy of X-O Manowar #47 to see what you get?
- Patrick Zircher Talks About His Trials With Editors - December 15, 2018
- New Ms Marvel Writer Seeks Mistakes Men Make When Writing About Teenage Girls - December 15, 2018
- ‘Neal Adams Is Full Of Crap’ – Roy Thomas Refutes Claims About the Kree/Skrull War - December 15, 2018
- Victoria McNally, Valiant’s Senior Marketing & Communications Manager, Also Out - December 15, 2018
- How The Graphic Novel Sale is Looking at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet - December 15, 2018