Marvel has announced actors Jeff Goldblum and Karl Urban have joined the cast of Thor: Ragnarok, the third film in the Chris Hemsworth-led series which will also feature Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner and the Hulk.
The studio also confirmed Cate Blanchett and Creed‘s Tessa Thompson will be joining Hemsworth, Goldblum, Urban and returning series castmembers Tom Hiddleston as Loki, Idris Elba as Heimdall and Anthony Hopkins reprising his role as Odin. Blanchett will play Hela in the film while Thompson will, in fact, be giving life to Valkyrie, the character many assumed she would be playing.
Goldblum, meanwhile, joins Blanchett in the villain’s column as Grandmaster while Urban takes the role of Skurge.
“The continuation of the epic Thor franchise will be powerful and unique, and with the additions of Cate, Jeff, Tessa, Karl, and Mark to the cast we have the makings of his most dangerous and heroic adventure yet,” said Producer Kevin Feige in a statement. “Having any one of them join the Marvel Cinematic Universe would be an honor, and having all of them is incredible.
The film is slate for release on November 3rd, 2017.
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016