Imagine you are a retailer. Looking at Marvel solicitations for August, wondering how many to order or each comic for your customers. And you come across these listings.
THE FALLEN #1. THE ACCUSED #1. Classified.
What to do?
Well, Marvel is saying that if you order 200% of your number of Spider-Man #4 for The Accused #1 and 200% of your numbers for Invincible Iron Man #7 for The Fallen #1, that retailers will get a big discount on their orders, making each comic much more profitable. There’s also a smaller discount level for 150%.
But can we read anything into the issues chosen? Will The Fallen, indeed, be Jim Rhodes’ War Machine from Iron Man? Could it be Iron Man himself? What about Mary Jane? And could The Accused be Miles Morales, Spider-Man?
Meaningless speculation and utter guesswork, of course. Retailers can, as the listings say, learn more on July 6th. FOC dates for the titles are on 25th, so you will have further time to make a more informed decision as well…
- The Daily LITG, 12th December 2018, Everything You Knew Was Wrong - December 12, 2018
- Forty Minutes of Alita: Battle Angel to be IMAX-Sized - December 11, 2018
- Is There a Post-Credit Scene in Aquaman? (No Spoilers) - December 11, 2018
- Aquaman Review: A Superhero Movie Without Any Depth [Spoiler Free, Ish] - December 11, 2018
- Jean-Marc Lofficier’s Writer’s Commentary on the Barbarella Holiday Special - December 11, 2018