Raina Telgemeier is one of the most popular comic book creators today. But her work isn’t as prominent in many comic stores as it might be – despite usually outselling everything else in there.
Her upcoming graphic novel Ghosts is scheduled to appear in bookstores from September 13th. But today’s Diamond Previews listing has the book scheduled for comic stores from publisher Graphix for August 31st. For Telgemeier’s fans, that might be enough to get them past the door and into their local comic shop. If they have a local comic shop. And if the local comic shop has Ghosts.
UPDATE: Ah, sadly not, Diamond have the wrong date and are amending…
Catrina and her family are moving to the coast of Northern California because her little sister, Maya, is sick. Cat isn’t happy about leaving her friends for Bahía de la Luna, but Maya has cystic fibrosis and will benefit from the cool, salty air that blows in from the sea. As the girls explore their new home, a neighbor lets them in on a secret: There are ghosts in Bahía de la Luna. Maya is determined to meet one, but Cat wants nothing to do with them. As the time of year when ghosts reunite with their loved ones approaches, Cat must figure out how to put aside her fears for her sister’s sake — and her own
- Captain Marvel #1 Tops Advance Reorders - December 13, 2018
- Poison Ivy Death on the Cover of Heroes In Crisis #7 - December 13, 2018
- Cullen Bunn’s Writer’s Commentary on Vampirella Vs Reanimator #1 - December 13, 2018
- NYCC Event Director Mike Armstrong Promoted to Vice President at Reed POP Expo - December 13, 2018
- New Comic Store Opens in England – Wow Comix Bury - December 13, 2018