It’s been more and more common for comic book conventions to treat cosplayers as guests in their own right. Some will fly in, put up and pay for prominent cosplayers to appear at their shows, and sell prints, in a variety of costumes.
But not all of them.
Representatives of Santa Fe Comic Con posted the following on Facebook.
There might have been a better way…
Cosplay, it seems, is in the eye of the beholder.
It’s starting to remind me of Keb Livingstone now. You just want to put a bag over certain people’s heads and say “stop talking”, it’s helping no one…
Can someone please stop them from saying “boob model”?
The next morning, there was a change of heart… ish.
Original Mighty Morphin Power Ranger and announced guest at the show Amy Jo Johnson posted on her Facebook page…
So Santa Fe Comic Con posted an e-mail from her agent… e-mail address deletion our own…
The healing must begin! Just don’t call anyone a boob model!
- A New Wolverine Comic From Marvel in April 2018… - January 19, 2018
- Martin Rowson to Adapt Karl Marx’s Communist Manifesto as a Graphic Novel, and More from SelfMadeHero in 2018 - January 19, 2018
- All 3 Marvel Comics Nominated for GLAAD Awards Have Been Cancelled - January 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Signs Kelly Thompson as an Exclusive Creator - January 19, 2018
- Nancy Silberkleit Now Distributing Her Own Archie Comic, Featuring Scarlet, One Copy at a Time - January 19, 2018