Remember when they used to do this kind of thing for Hostess Fruit Pies or Twinkies? Given a strange magical allure to me, as neither brands were available or even known in the UK at the time.
Well, the custom comic ad is moving up in the world. And getting the talent to match. Writer of Power Man & Iron Fist, Cyborg and Shaft David Walker has written a two page comic with Pitt and Hulk artist extraordinaire, Dale Keown.
Magic Shave is a depillotary cream that removes beard hair without the need for razors or blades and is “formulated for black men to help stop razor bumps.”
Is this the first ad in a Marvel comic book specifically aimed at black men? Is it a sign of changing demographic in the audience? And will we ever see Mitch Jackson again? Either way, look for it in tomorrow’s Marvel Comics titles… aside from, rather oddly, Black Panther #2….
- So… How Are You Meant To Count Avengers Issue Numbers Now? - November 20, 2018
- Our First Look at Mark MIllar and Simone Bianchi’s Sharkey The Bounty Hunter for Netflix – With Covers From Frank Quitely and Matteo Scalera - November 20, 2018
- Archie Comics Collects Varsity Edition in February 2019 Solicitations - November 20, 2018
- Marvel Comics’ Full Solicits for February 2019 - November 20, 2018
- Captain Marvel Gets a Braver & Mightier One Shot in February - November 20, 2018