The line at Orbital already stretched round the block when we arrived.
With cosplayers and comic compatriots, I bumped into old acquaintance Ben Moor, currently away from playing Victorian folk on BBC period pieces to pick up a few titles. I recommended a couple he was humming and ha’ing over.
This is what it would look like later.
It was a buzz of creativity and character building.My eldest seems to have absorbed the recent spate of Batman V Superman and Civil War to create her own conflict.
Which was handily put together just in time to be discussed with Julian Barratt of The Mighty Boosh and Nathan Barley..
who had popped into Gosh with his kid, also drawing at the table.
He wondered why the two would be at war, and who the more aggressive would be. We left Gosh, discussing how plants use resources around them and constructing a plot for a vegetable war.
It was time for a frozen yoghurt break and a chance for me eldest to read Hilda for the first time. And the youngest to dive into Pink Panther.
We returned to Orbital to a slightly more manageable line.
- Donny Cates, Jack Kirby And Grant Morrison – The Biggest Bargains In The Heavy Metal Magazine Sale, Ending in 24 Hours - June 27, 2017
- Iron Maiden Comics By Llexi Leon, Ian Edginton And Kevin J. West In Heavy Metal Magazine, Starring Eddie For The First Time - June 27, 2017
- Marvel Schedules Conference Call With ComicsPRO Comic Stores Over Marvel Legacy Concern - June 27, 2017
- The Secret Loves Of Geeks With Margaret Atwood, Gerard Way, Amy Chu And More For Valentine’s Day 2018 - June 27, 2017
- Five Graphic Novels From Caliber Entertainment In September 2017, Including Two From Don Lomax - June 27, 2017