Mark Millar, author of the recently optioned comic books American Jesus and Supercrooks, has partnered up with producer Joe Roth and Jeff Kirschenbaum to bring Empress to movie theaters, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The comic book series, which debuted last month, focuses on the wife of a galactic dictator who chooses to flee from her husband. With bodyguard and three children in tow, she makes for her homeworld.
Millar’s comics continue to be popular in Hollywood. Besides Empress, American Jesus and Supercrooks, adaptations Nemesis, Huck, Chrononauts and Superior are also in development. Previous filmed adaptations include Wanted, Kick-Ass and Kingsman: The Secret Service, which will see a sequel released next year.
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016