Entertainment Weekly reports The Punisher will get his own series after all.
Hannibal veteran Steve Lightfoot will serve as executive producer and showrunner of the series, but all other details are sketchy.
Jon Bernthal debuted as Frank Castle in the second season of Daredevil earlier this year. Prior to the season premiere, many theorized the Punisher spinoff was possible, but as recently as February, this notion was dismissed. At the time, Marvel Television executive vice president Jeph Loeb was quoted as saying, “I think that’s something that people are speculating on, as opposed to something that’s actually happening.” It seems that speculation proved correct.
Presumably, the series will air following the completion of Marvel’s original deal with Netflix, which includes the upcoming Luke Cage, Iron Fist and team-up series The Defenders.
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016