IDW Publishing is welcoming a new imprint into their family called Yoe Brow. The first book is from cult-favorite artist Shawn Dickinson, entitled Inks, Drinks, and Catinks. The new line will publish coffee table art books of contemporary alternative artists, so that’s pretty cool. They decided to push the limits of their new imprint by publishing Shawn’s book.
Craig Yoe shared:
“We have been excited about pushing the perimeters of Yoe Books/IDW and Shawn’s fun-filled, bad-ass, often good-naturedly sexy art is the perfect way to start to do this…Shawn is the ideal guy to jumpstart the program since his rock/punk/surf/hot rod stylings are so informed by comics and cartoonists so it’s a perfecto fit. You can see Max Fleischer, R. Crumb, Ed “Big Daddy” Roth, Mad’s Jack Davis, Rick Griffin, and John Kricfalusi in Shawn’s amazing work!”
From what I’ve seen, I’m entertained. Books like this certainly have a place on the coffee table of comic book fans around the world. Dickinson’s edgy style caught my eye from the moment I looked at the crowded cover. There’s a lot happening there, and it definitely drew me in. You can grab your copy of Inks, Drinks, and Catfinks now.
- The Retro 90s Style We Loved In Pokemon TCG Is Back! - November 12, 2016
- #OddlyCrypticTweets Purpose Revealed! A Chat With Otis Frampton About The Future Of Oddly Normal - November 12, 2016
- A Deep Conversation About Storytelling: BOOM! Studios Discovering New Worlds At NYCC 16′ - October 8, 2016
- “SCOTT SNYDER LIKES MY BOOK!” The Image Comics Storytelling Panel NYCC 16’ - October 8, 2016
- “You Learn A Lot From Reading” Be Your Own Superhero: Intersectional Feminism In Comics At NYCC 16′ - October 8, 2016